Tuesday, April 16, 2013

War


 War


Is a perverse wildness!

Wildness that might woo me,

Like those with weak hearts,

The ones with wrecked mind.

 
They think I am  too young ,

To understand the ways of war,

The same war that ripped off my father’s lungs,

The very one that blew off my brother’s brain,

Alas! I know much about this war.

 
See they are wrong,

When they say I know little about war,

Because this war seethes in my soul every day,

Tattering it into tiny pieces.

 
Lately I have been thinking about this war,

How am going to break its very wrist,

And wreck it is deepest of existence,

My teeth gritting.

 
I cannot wait to strip it off,

Its wretched skin,

I want war to bleed with pain,

As I peel its very skin,

Till it pleads for mercy.

 
By Habiba A Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somali Cultural Attire

  Somali Women Cultural dress Somali Cultural women dress is called Guntiino , a long stretch of cloth tied over the shoulder and draped ...